Clinically Proven Intensive Outpatient Program
16 August, 2018
Our Residential or Intensive Outpatient Program at Addiction Rehab Centers allows sufferers/abusers/ addicts to stay at our lavish residential drug rehab facility at Indianapolis and commit to a sober lifestyle in the days to come. Our rehab center offers a positive support system that has been customized to perfection after years of clinical study and research. The majority of patients at our Intensive Outpatient Program have successfully undergone higher levels of care and are now leading a drug and alcohol free life. We have formulated a master Relapse Prevention Plan as well as helping our patients to develop coping skills that will eventually help them to overcome their addiction.
Our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) includes group therapy, individualized treatment and family therapy which is performed between two and three times a week, and implemented in conjunction with a patient specific care plan. An Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is especially effective for individuals who are suffering from mental health disorders, substance abuse, alcohol addiction and many other behavioral disorders. After attending our in-house drug rehab program, individuals / sufferers are able to lead a normal lifestyle following treatment for their addiction.
The ideal Candidate for IOP should have:
- Completed a residential (inpatient) or partial hospitalization program (PHP).
- Developed strong coping skills.
- Shown willingness to participate in a complete recovery plan from drugs, alcohol and mental disorders.
- A robust external support system at home or within their community.
Redefining Step-Down Programs
Outpatient drug rehab services are basically referred to as Progressive Step-Down healing programs. They are considered less intensive than inpatient treatment and provide the patient a greater amount of independence as they move through this level of care. As addicts undergo an initial drug or alcohol detox, they are more likely to be recommended for a comprehensive drug or alcohol rehab program, which may be in the form of a residential rehab treatment, or a partial hospitalization program. It can be said that an intensive outpatient program would be the most appropriate step-down program, as sufferers would already have developed the recovery skills necessary to participate in this type of ongoing treatment.
At Addiction Rehab Centers, we offer two types of step-down care:
- Intensive outpatient
The major difference between the two is the duration (in hours) required to attend therapeutic programs every week.
Need for Outpatient Treatment
There are numerous advantages to outpatient treatment. Drug rehab outpatient treatment is created to serve as a transitional phase in addiction treatment for those individuals who have successfully undergone treatment for severe or persistent addiction, or suffer from moderate addiction. There are four good reasons as to why any individual would enroll in an outpatient treatment program:
- You are suffering from moderate addiction – an addiction that is moderate or less severe does not necessarily require inpatient treatment.
- Using this as a continued rehabilitation program – individuals who have undergone a detox and a credible residential rehab treatment may opt for an outpatient program as it acts as a continued source of professional addiction support.
- Family and Friend Support – for individuals with a strong network of family or community support, (and who do not have substance abuse issues which are exacerbated by their environment or those around them), living within a supportive family may actually assist in recovery.
- If you’re unable to attend an intensive care program – individuals suffering from moderate addiction and have extensive financial, business or family commitments may find it more appropriate and convenient to attend an outpatient treatment program.
Inpatient or Outpatient?
A lot of sufferers enroll for both inpatient and outpatient programs in order to experience the most extensive care. While selecting which treatment program is most suited to your needs, it is critically important to explore the reasons behind your addiction and choose the program which will give you the best chance of recovery.
The Care that you or your Loved One Deserves
Although the concept of an intensive treatment program can sound initially intimidating, it is important to remember that the main advantage of this comprehensive approach to treatment is a far greater chance of long term recovery. The process starts with realizing that recovery is absolutely possible if a holistic approach is taken, and the core underlying issues leading to addiction are addressed. With Addiction Rehab Centers, you could start your life afresh sooner than you think.
Get the Best Help Today
By participating in an intensive outpatient program (IOP), you’ll learn how to deal with your cravings, and also the symptoms to look out for after a successful detox program, such as acute withdrawal syndrome. You will spend time at our rehab center undergoing group therapies, outdoor activities and interactive sessions with other members, where our experienced therapists will teach you about addiction and how to avoid factors that may lead to relapse. You may opt for a ‘12 Step Approach’ or look for a less traditional one that is based on spiritual programs, and relies heavily upon holistic therapies such as yoga and meditation.
Addiction Rehab Centers is the perfect place to begin your recovery, as it ensures healthy living by cleansing both your body and mind and setting you on a smoother path to eventual recovery from both your addiction and the underlying causes.