When a loved one uses alcohol consistently, they will likely develop addiction and dependency on that substance. As that happens, the individual may feel it is nearly impossible to stop using. Even if they want to do so and make promises to you, you may know it’s not likely to happen. An alcohol addiction treatment rehab can change that for your loved one. Our alcohol addiction rehab at Addiction Rehab Centers offers a range of tools to support your loved one’s needs. To learn more about our treatment programs, please call our team today at 844.910.0686.
Talk to your Loved One about the Benefits of an Alcohol Rehab Center
They may know that you want them to get help to stop using. Yet, sometimes, they need to know that getting that help is actually possible for them. Doing so may seem simple to you, but this disease can make it seem impossible to a person with an addiction. Here are a few things to talk about to your loved one:
- Try to provide them with a reason why you want them to get help as a first step. Point out specific things that scared you or that you feel indicate they need professional support.
- Discuss what detox has to offer. It is a way to give them back control over their life because it enables them to stop feeling like they have to use alcohol to get through the day.
- If possible, provide insight into the detox process, which may include telling them that they do not have to feel ill or sick. There’s help available to minimize any of those risks fully.
- Offer support for residential treatment and encourage them to step away from home for some time to get better. In the long term, that’s going to keep them with you longer.
- Express the importance of addiction treatment to you, which may mean telling them that you can no longer support them if they do not get help.
With each of these steps, tell them that you believe in them and you want to help. Make sure they know that addiction is a disease they do not have to battle alone.
How to Help During Alcohol Rehab
Once your loved one gets into rehab, it is just as important to keep supporting them. That may mean providing them with space and privacy. It may also mean allowing them to work through past pain openly. You may want to be a part of family therapy as well. Please encourage them to open up. This is a location where they can say anything and feel good about it, where they will learn how to heal.
Seek Treatment at Addiction Rehab Centers
Your loved one may need help. Our team at Addiction Rehab Centers offers it through a number of different programs and therapies. There is no reason not to embrace care when you have so many opportunities for healing and recovery within our program. Learn how we can help through programs such as:
- Alcohol detox program
- Men’s rehab program
- Women’s rehab program
- Holistic therapy programs
- Experiential therapy programs
Recognizing that your loved one needs alcohol addiction rehab can be very challenging and even heartbreaking for many family members and close friends. Yet, this is a disease and one that warrants help and support. For that reason, it may be best to reach out to our team at Addiction Rehab Centers to learn what we can do to support you as you help your loved one. They may not be able to stop on their own. However, the help you provide to them could save their life. Call 844.910.0686 or connect with our team now online to get started.