There are multiple treatment options available for the Codeine Addiction. The duration of treatment is adjusted keeping in view the patient’s withdrawal symptoms and the addiction. An expert’s supervision allows the recovery process to be much easier and comfortable. There are three basic treatment options that are provided, inpatient facilities, outpatient facilities and the psychotherapies.
- Detoxification: This is the first step in the treatment of the addiction. When you undergo the detoxification process, the drug is flushed out of the body system. It doesn’t mean that the addiction gets over when the drug is eliminated from the body. Additional treatments have to be initiated after it to prevent the relapse rates and enable a successful recovery.
- Inpatient Treatment Facilities:The inpatient facilities have a structured environment designed for the treatment program. For this, the individual will be residing within the rehabilitation centers for some specific duration depending upon the management needs of the patient. The studies have suggested the duration of at least 30-60 days; it can also extend up to the 90th This treatment is important to ensure the long-term recovery process. During the inpatient treatment facility, the specialists will supervise the patient and monitor the patient round the clock. Further, there are numerous therapy sessions that are included, individual and group therapies, and educational lectures about the addiction and recovery.
- Outpatient Treatment Faculties:The outpatient program also offers the same treatment facilities but the intensity and duration are different and tailored according to the patients. The daily work or school routine is continued during the outpatient treatment facilities. Therapy sessions are arranged that will have to be attended by the Codeine addicts. This treatment option is more suited to patients having a lesser severity of Codeine addiction. It demands a lot of dedication and discipline, therefore, the treatment option isn’t recommended for all. A few therapy sessions are held per week in the outpatient treatment program. Intensive outpatient, partial hospitalization and counseling are the various outpatient treatment approaches. A strong background support of family and friends is essential for the outpatient program.
- Use of behavioral therapies:The behavioral therapies are important to eradicate the root causes of the addiction. These are targeted to develop a positive coping mechanism. Various sessions of therapies are held to allow a successful recovery process. Some of the behavioral therapies include:
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: It is also called a talking therapy in which the thinking patterns and behavior are modified to treat the addiction.
Contingency Management Plan: It is the most used plan for the treatment of substance abuse cases. The CM plan is based on the motivational incentives, a reward is given for the desired behavior and disciplinary actions can be taken in instances of undesired behavior.
Group Sessions/ family therapy: One or more therapists are involved in the psychotherapy, who can work with a group of people.
- After Care programs: Even after the weeks, months or years, there are risks for the relapse. So Aftercare programs are important after the initial treatment process has been completed. These programs help the individuals to keep moving forward toward the road to recovery. Such programs can be availed for short-term or as long as the person demands. The services that are provided in the aftercare programs include the individual counseling, group therapies, education about addiction and proper recovery, various social and recreational activities. Some of the aftercare programs also invite the alumni to share their success stories. Various meetings and events are also arranged with the alumni. These are intended to keep the individual motivated towards their goal of living a sober life. Studies have confirmed a lower relapse rate for the individuals who enroll in the aftercare programs.